This caramel-topped cheesecake is a divine way to savor the goodness of cream cheese. Sitting inside a buttery graham cracker crust, this cheesecake awaits to be drenched by the caramel sauce. A nice light cheesecake makes a great dessert option fyer a good meal, while entertaining, playing cards, or just having a nice date night.Savor the flavor of cheesecake by adding a warm caramel drizzle across the top. #cheesecakeClick To Tweet
- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 60 wafers)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 14 ounces caramels
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, mix wafer crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and ¾ in. up sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in flour and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour into prepared crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- In a large heavy saucepan, melt caramels with milk over low heat; stir until smooth. Stir in walnuts. Cool to room temperature. Remove rim from springform pan. Serve cheesecake with caramel sauce. Yield: 16 servings.