These delicious chocolate chip cookie bars looked so yummy that I had to include them tonight! Yes, that’s a cheesecake layer in the chocolate chip cookie bars. Does it look delicious? It is. Believe me. They’re every bit as delicious as they look.Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars. For when a typical cheesecake won't do! #cookie #barsClick To Tweet
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup butter flavored vegetable shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, at room temp
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, shortening, sugars, vanilla, salt and vinegar. Beat in the egg, then the baking soda and flour. Stir in the chocolate chips. Divide the dough into two equal portions and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl cream the cream cheese with the sugar until thoroughly combined. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- In a 9x13 pan, spread ½ of the cookie dough mixture evenly across the bottom. (This is somewhat tricky to do. I find it easier to add dollops of cookie dough throughout the pan and then spread all the dollops together. Spread the cream cheese mixture on the top of the cookie dough. With the remaining cookie dough, flatten chunks of dough between your hands into discs, and then place on top of the cream cheese mixture. (The dough discs don't have to touch, just place them near each other so they cover the surface as well as possible.)
- Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes, or until the top is brown and cooked through. Cool completely and store in the refrigerator.
- To make in a sheet pan 12x17 double the recipe. Shorten the cook time.