This cheesy casserole with fresh veggies and chunks of cooked chicken bakes up golden and bubbly in about 30 minutes for a quick weeknight meal. Add hash browns and toast and dinner is complete. What better than a fast, warm and nutrtious meal after a busy day?
- 1½ cups 2% milk
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons Country Crock® Spread, divided
- 2 cups cut-up cooked chicken breast
- 4 cups vegetables such as broccoli florets and red bell peppers
- 2¼ cups finely shredded low-fat Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Melt 2 tablespoons Country Crock® Spread in large nonstick skillet and saute broccoli and red bell pepper until crisp tender. Whisk milk and flour in large bowl. Add chicken, cooked vegetables, 2 cups cheese, and onion powder; toss to mix. Pour into 8-inch baking dish.
- Combine remaining 1 tablespoon Spread and remaining ¼ cup cheese in small cup. Sprinkle over top of casserole.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until mixture is bubbly around edges.
Food Source: The Village Grill