I remember these vividly. On Christmas eve when my stepmom would open the tin the smell of bourbon would waft into the room. This was my cue to excuse myself to go into the kitchen at help her setup the table. Actually, I just helped myself to one or four of these delicious cookies. After all, someone had to make sure they were up to her high standards!
- 2½ cups ground vanilla wafers
- 1 cup ground pecans or chopped walnuts
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 3 Tbs white corn syrup
- ¼ cup good bourbon whiskey
- 3 Tbs cocoa
- Mix wafers, cocoa and nuts well.
- Add syrup and bourbon.
- Roll into 1" balls and then roll into powdered sugar.
©MARILYN'S TREATS. Please feel free to use my images and recipe for your own use. To republish this recipe, all I ask is to link back to this post.