There are several variations of this cake. We love this cake as-is, so I’ve never tried any of the other variations out there. It’s simple, really, all you need is one box of devils food cake mix, 1 container cool whip, some sweetened condensed milk, caramel, and Heath bar pieces (toffee/chocolate chunks). The result is SO delicious, it will be hard to have just one piece.
- 1 box devil's food cake mix
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 12 ounce jar caramel topping
- 1 12 ounce container whipped topping (aka Cool Whip. Or make your own by whipping 1 cup heavy cream with ¼ cup confectioner's sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla until soft peaks form.)
- 1-2 Butterfinger bars, crushed.
- Prepare the cake according to package directions. You can use either a 9x13 pan or a bundt pan. Immediately after removing the cake from the oven, poke several holes in it with a fork or a skewer. Mix the condensed milk with the caramel topping and spread over the entire cake.
- Cool cake completely, then spread the whipped topping over the top, and sprinkle the crushed Butterfinger over the topping.
- Stand back!