Best Tuna Salad Secret Ingredient ~As far as quick, muscle-building meals go, it’s tough to best tuna fish salad. Six ounces of canned tuna, packed in water, contain 40 grams of protein for about 220 calories. Add a large hardboiled egg and you’ve contributed 6 more grams of protein for 78 calories. A little mayo will up the creaminess, but still keep you under a 500-calorie meal—all while providing a powerhouse of workout recovery fuel. The strong taste of tuna is great for carrying add-ins, too. Grated carrots, sesame seeds, cilantro, lime juice, Sriracha, onion—most ingredients only enhance the flavor of the fish. The sweet heat of pickled jalapeno juice gives tuna fish salad a bite and a burn. Plus, combined with mayo, the juice helps make the mixture creamier without having to pile in more calories.
- 4 Tbs Kraft Miracle Whip (or light Miracle Whip or Mayonnaise)
- 1 stalk cleaned and chopped celery
- 1 Tbs chopped sweet onion
- 3 diced hard boiled eggs
- 2 Tbs drained sweet pickle relish
- 1 grilled pita
- 6 outer lettuce leaves, iceberg or romaine
- 2 sliced tomatoes
- 1 6 oz can tuna paked in water, drained
- In a medium bowl, mix together miracle whip, celery, onion, eggs, relish,
- and tuna until well blended.
- Serve with warm pita, lettuce and tomato.