Beer Marinated Italian Sausage with sauteed peppers and onions ~Great for game day! Cook the marinate the night before the big TailGate Party and then just heat on your grill for 3-5 minutes while the sausage cooks.this is an easy cleanup so you can watch the game as you eat. A very healthy recipe, your guests will eat until the entire dish is gone. No need to worry about leftovers or a messy preparation at the party. No spoilage here either in the heat. This sausage is a great substitute for the normal hot dog fare on the grill. Try it with your favorite sausage today!
- 2 packs Italian sausage of your choice
- 2 12 oz. bottles of a dark lager style beer (do not spend too much money as it is just a marinade)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard powder
- 3 large white onions (divided)
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons Montreal Steak seasoning or A1
- 12 hoagie rolls or other hearty large split style bun
- 1 bottle Dijon mustard
- In a pan, place the sausage in a single layer and pierce several times with a fork.
- Add thinly sliced white onions, and cover with beer.
- Refrigerate over night and allow the flavors to marry
- Cut red pepper, green pepper, and remaining onion in thin strips, season with steak seasoning and reserve in a pan.
- Preheat your grill - preferably your charcoal grill and place marinated sausages on rack.
- Cook until temperature reaches 160 degree internal temperature.
- While the sausage is cooking cook the peppers and onions in the pan on the grill until tender.
- Place your buns on the grill to get a light char and place the cooked sausage inside
- Top with the sauteed peppers and Dijon mustard