To boost flavor and nutritional value, use a mixture of greens for this salad, such as endive, radicchio, arugula and even kale.
Serving size: 2 cups salad ¼ apple
Fat: 4 g
- ¼ cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2¼ teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 medium red apple, chopped
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- Mix the apple juice, lemon juice, oil, brown sugar, mustard and apple pie spice in a large salad bowl. Add the apple and toss to coat. Add the salad greens and toss to mix just before serving.